Etsy

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Baby Blanket in Cotton - Finished!!!!!

It's done!!!!! Here's the blanket being hem stitched on the loom.


This was the 1st time I used a temple and I can't imagine doing an extra wide project without one. I was nervous about jabbing the teeth into my weaving and also about having to move the temple every two inches, but I got the hang of it in no time. 

I nearly ran out of warp at the end of the blanket. I had to finish the last 5 or 6 inches of weaving while standing so I could get enough force to produce a shed. 


On the loom, the blanket measured 36"x50". Off the loom, before wet finishing, it measured 34"x44". 

Next, it was into a sink of hot water with a little bit of dish soap to soak for about 15 minutes, then onto the dryer. 

Though the blanket was woven in plain weave, I threaded the heddles in a straight draw (1,2,3,4). Since I was threading that many heddles, I planned on tying on my next warp. As the heddles are already threaded for twill, all I have to do is wind a warp and start tying. 

I tied the rear apron bar to the frame of the loom so the threads don't pull out of the heddles. 

And here is the finished blanket!!!!



I'm very happy with it and I hope it keeps Baby Donovan cozy this winter. Congratulations Mike & Amanda!!!!!

Happy Weaving!




No comments:

Post a Comment