Etsy

Saturday, October 17, 2015

3 Different Scarves, One Warp & An Awesome Wet Finishing Trick!

I wanted to make some holiday scarves, but I was wary of using red yarn against white because of the risk of the fabric turning pink during wet finishing. I chose a warp of 8/4 unmercerized cotton in a dark green and a natural. 

1st scarf.....
          2/2 twill in blocks & stripes  

2nd scarf.....

       3/1 Twill with a light blue weft

3rd scarf....

      2/2 twill with emeral green weft

To minimize tracking (the diagonal creases that form in cotton fabrics during wet finishing) I tried something new. I read somewhere, I can't remember where :( , that if you soak cotton, it reduces the tracking. I filled my sink with hot water, then put in the scarves to soak overnight.


In the morning, I drained the water, then put the scarves in the washer on gentle and crossed my fingers. It worked!!!!! No tracking.

I did not put the items in the dryer, but hung them to dry.

Look for the finished scarves on etsy.com. Search for LSG Crafts.

Happy Weaving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment