Etsy

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Amazing Weaving Draft - Take 2

Ok, after a bit more research on crackle, I decided to try again. I used the Ralph Griswold pattern again. This time I threaded at 8/8 cotton at 10 epi and used 4 repeats of the pattern. I wove tromp as writ using 8/8 cotton as weft

Success!!!!! Sort of.


Now to add the tabby.

My 1st attempt was with the warp cotton as the tabby weft and Bernat Roving as the pattern weft. 


It looks and feels great, but now the design is skewed vertically instead of horizontally, as is was with my 1st attempt at this pattern. 

For the 2nd attempt I used 8/8 cotton for pattern weft. 



I love it!!! I'll post pics of the finished pieces soon. 

Here is little experiment I tried. I was messing around with tie ups and after about 2 inches of weaving, I saw it wasn't working and decided to start a new piece. I cut the pattern threads to see what the fabric would look like.

Apart from the weft tail hidden in there and me moving it around when I pulled the threads, it's a nice even plain weave. I always wanted to try that!

Happy Weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment