Etsy

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Amazing Weaving Draft

I have had this pattern saved for a while. It pops up on Pinterest every other day or so, so I guess other people like it too. On Handweaving.net you can find it as:


I've been planning to do this in an 8/8 cotton, but I waited for over a month for the order. I couldn't wait any longer. I bought 4 skeins of Cascade Ultra Pima and threaded it at 8 epi. I did 3 repeats of the pattern threading. Various DK weight knitting yarns were used as weft. 




What a great pattern!!!! Using these yarns and this sett, was, as I mentioned, not what was originally planned for this project. Because my sett was so open, the design is a bit different from the original, but still very awesome. After threading the warp, you'll have the pattern in your head. After a few repeats of the pattern with the weft, you might not even need to look at the draft anymore. 

As luck would have it, when I was finishing the last bit of this warp, the long awaited cotton finally arrived. I guess I'll just have to weave it again 😀here

No comments:

Post a Comment