Etsy

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Adventures in Doubleweave

I had a bunch of horrible acrylic yarn I wanted to get rid of so I decided to sample some doubleweave. I plan to do a very large double width wool blanket but before I invest time and money on such a large scale doubleweave project, I think a bit more practice might be in order. 

I only have a 10 dent reed so I had to use a relatively big yarn to get close to 20 epi (10 epi per layer). 


I decided to mess around a bit with color so my warp was threaded with tan as the light color and 2 different blues as the dark color. I threaded 4d,2l,3d,1l for block A and 4l,3d,2l,1d for block B. 


My treadles were tied as follows:
1- shaft 1
2- shaft 2
3- shafts 1&2
4- shaft 3
5- shaft 4
6- shafts 3&4

Doubleweave with interchanged layers 

Doubleweave with 2 separate layers 


This just plain weave (only using treadles 3&4)

The sett was WAY too tight, but I'm happy with the selvedges and I only had one skip on the bottom layer. 

Happy Weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment