Etsy

Friday, March 4, 2016

Tencel, Take 2

So, it took me a few hours, but the loom is now re-threaded and my back is warped ;)

          Re-threading in progress

Before I re-threaded, I tightened up my loom. Thankfully, there were no threading errors. 

I sleyed at 20 epi again, and started weaving 2/2 twill. At 5 inches, I did 3 picks of plain weave, then reversed the twill for 12 picks. Then I did 3 more of plain weave. It resulted in a nice textural change and broke up the monotony of the the twill in white. I threw in a section of blue. 


I seem to have eliminated the draw-in somewhat, but I am still breaking the right hand side floating selvedge thread about every 4 inches. Now I'm thinking that it's not the Tencel but that this loom needs a good tune up. 

Happy Weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment